3…2…1… Blasting off into Summer with a week of fun activities to end our second grade year!
- Memories- Work on filling out your digital memory book to remember all the fun we had this year. You can print this off and fill in the answers by hand or keep it digital and type your answers. (Found in TEAMS under files “2nd grade Memory Book) When completed, please upload to the folder, “2nd Grade Memory Book” by dragging it from your desktop or once clicked on the folder click upload to select file you wish to upload.
- Make a video to remember the year (write a song or talk about the year). When completed please upload to the folder “Class Videos” in TEAMS by dragging it from your desktop or once clicked on the folder click upload to select file you wish to upload.
- Random Act of Kindness- Do something kind for your family, your neighbor, a classmate, a health care worker, etc.
- Homeroom Award Ceremony – A ceremony on Zoom to help celebrate everyone’s hard work this year. Our ceremony will be on Tuesday at 10 am. I hope all of my homeroom can join!
Riker Zoom Award Ceremony at 10 am
Topic: Ms. Riker's Award Ceremony
Time: Tues, May 19, 2020 10:00 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 844 0525 9063
- “Signing Yearbooks”- Write a note on a sheet of paper for the class with a short message and your name. Then take a picture and send to Ms.Riker on Tuesday. I recommend using a white sheet of paper and a dark marker to write your message.
- One Special Video of Pictures from the Year – Be on the lookout for an email on Wednesday with a video link.
Additional ideas to wrap up the year in special ways:
- Take a last day of school picture with a sign
- Write a song with memories from this year
- Build something out of LEGO or create something out of clay that reminds you of this school year
- Finish adding pictures to your Core Knowledge History Passport (once you pick up your Student Bag)
- Fill in Second Grade Time Capsule (once you pick up your Student Bag)
- Come up with a “bucket list” of fun activities to do this summer (you can even cut out a picture of a bucket to write your list on)
- Make a special breakfast or lunch on the last day of school and have a picnic outside
- Go on a scavenger hunt to find things that we learned about this year
- Draw a chalk creation to help remember the year
- Watch Charlotte’s Web movie version
YOU DID IT! YOU ALL DID INCREDIBLE THIS YEAR! YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK THIRD GRADE! I’M GOING TO MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH! PLEASE STOP BY AND SAY HI NEXT YEAR!